Active learning

At the same time that children and society change, our methodologies in the class have to change, now is the time of ICT that are a part of what we call active teaching. And why? This is because of the fact that the base of the active learning is that the student has an important part in their learning, and giving them a project or an special job where their imagination and their ICT are involve we are doing that they are active students.
So in is necessary that teachers stops doing that boring monologs that some of them does, because they are teaching children and they are not teaching wall, they need to make students to participate, to see that more over the teacher they can learn, because in the future they are not going to have always the teacher to explain them thing, they have to learn to learn by their selves.
But this is not all, because some people would say, ‘’so for what we need teachers’’ the thing is that is not the teacher has to be the only one who speaks or the children has to learn on the own, the thing is to focus in the middle way. Because for example with this of the ICT and the active learning, some schools are giving to the children tablets and they teach as the same way as if they have a book.
But this is not active learning, in my opinion, the active learning is to involve the children, and is not only job of the students, the teachers have to adapt their way of teaching, research for new materials and things for children.
As I have talk about this in other reflections and I don’t want to repeat myself I would like to put an example of active learning:
In my university class, moreover in Teaching of ESL and children´s literature the teacher could choose a lot of ways of teaching, normally teachers use to choose tell all the information and send some works; but she choose involving as, where there wasn’t one class where we the student haven’t done something or participate, and the thing is that we learn, it can be amazing that I get surprise with the thing that I’ve learn, but the fact is that is in this subject where I really realize in my person what important is to involve children when we teach, because before I know it now I have the experience of how important is to do this.

Here I’m going to put a great link that I really like that explains greatly what active learning means.

Born to learn:  







No comments:

Post a Comment