Formative plus share assessment (evaluation)

The 99% of the times is the teacher who put marks or evaluates the work… but the thing is that when for example the teacher sends a team work she is not there to see the real work that the team does, so she is evaluating part of the job.
What about if the team evaluate themselves? This is what we have done in the university, and in other post I talk about it, but here I would like to remark the positive and negative things that I think about this and my opinion.
First of all I like this type of evaluation because how I said the teacher doesn’t see the other part of the work, she usually she the result, so this is a way of the team early give their opinion and the reality of the work that have been done.
But on the other way, maybe in children is not more of these, but in adults (what it seems of being immature) sometimes give a punctuation in function of the relationship instead of the real work, and this fact in my opinion is the worst thing of doing it like this, but it is true that it can be talked and solved.
So until this part I think that is clear that the positive of doing it like this is great because both evaluations of the project are considered.
But there is a thing that steals in my mind, and is that it is anonymous because we don’t look for conflicts that’s obvious, but if the team put a mark and for example all of them agree in a point over a member of the team but isn’t talk about it these problem is not going to be solved. But 
I don't thing this happened, at least no in my group.
What I want to say with this is that this evaluation is fine but for me needs a step more that is going to make that a team grow as it and each person reconsider what is doing. This is to talk about the problems or specifics things that the other members of the team think, and this can came to the mind as a war but I think that in schools we have to teach or make them learn how to work as a team, and how to talk with a partner or accepting thing, to solve problems without causing a chaos.

Because sometimes we do something that is not good and if there is not another person who says to us what’s going on, we can’t change or impruve.

No comments:

Post a Comment