My competences


In my university class of EFL and children’s Literature there are some competences like these ones:

General competences:

C1. Acquire an overall perspective on literature in English.
C2. Fostering discourse analysis of the literature at stake.
C3.Developing abilities to gather and interpret relevant data in order to make judgments concerning scientific, social or ethical issues.
C4.Designing, planning and evaluating teaching and learning processes both individually and in collaboration with other teachers and professionals.
C5.Knowing the different curricular areas of Nursery & Primary Education, the interwoven fields, assessment criteria and didactic framework underlying teaching and learning methods.
C6. Developing an ethical approach to issues such as gender equality, equal opportunity, democratic values, non-violence, environmental and sustainability problems as well as awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity.
C7.The ability to find, handle and synthesize bibliographical information and electronic tools, including the use of Internet.
C8.Apply the use of ICT’s to the teaching of literature in Nursery & Primary education.
C9. Developing habits and skills for independent as well as cooperative learning and promoting them among the students.


Specific competences:

E1. Developing literary training and knowledge and being able to analyze pieces of literature and adapt them to be taught to children.
E2. Being acquainted with children and young learners’ literature
E3. Seeking accuracy when expressing ideas either orally or in the written form.
E4.Fostering linguistic skills: reading, speaking/telling, listening and writing.
E5. Developing and assessing content through didactic methods.
E6. Being acquainted with ITC’s applied to teaching literature to children and young learners
E7. Acquire a solid understanding of the reading needs of children both in Nursery & Primary education.



So as you can see there are a lot of competences, so I’m going to talk about some of them in reference to myself. So they are my competences in order to my course guide.

First of all talking about the general competences, I think that during all this subject course I have develop this competences, and I think that I have develop them because at the same time that I was reading them I was thinking about what are them and moreover where and how I have develop them and in all of them I can say that I have had an answer and some of them bring to my mind activities and specific days that I think that were present and I achieve that competence.

And more or less I can say the same of the specific competences, it seems that I say it for get along but I think that if I join my hard work in this blog and my school training specially this year thanks to this subject and that I more near of the Britannic curriculum, I have as a result a pack of all this competences.

It’s true that for as is like a contract between the teacher, the subject and us and in this case I think that I have done it and in my opinion it has been a mix of illusion to learn more about what is going to me my day a day if my near future as a teacher and my afford to do it as good as I can in all the thing that where demanded and in class.

Maybe I’m not right but am what I really think.

Finally I would like to say that if I have to be honest I didn’t read them such this moment that I have to do this reflection, that’s not good, I know, because when you are more conscious of them you can remark them in an specific moment where they are being develop. But on the other hand I have to say that I’m proud that although I didn’t read them, in my opinion I have achieve them, and this is for mi the same as saying that if the competences are join to what we have done in class and moreover what I have been doing, achieving them means that I have done a good job, and for me that really successful, because being conscious that your work has a purpose and is talking about well-done competencies is for me a very good reflection feedback.


Is for this reason that in a  near future specially with the big children of primary I will put in practice the fact that they get conscious of what they have done and achieve with their work, because is a good way of realizing what you have been doing being sincerely with yourself. If you are conscious of what you do and how you can improve you can try to change or improve, if not you will be always doing the same (this is my personal opinion).






No comments:

Post a Comment